Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Matrixboom

What do you think about country radio today actually any radio,Rock, MOR, Pop, satellite, internet?
I have to say of late I don't listen to radio much because I really don't like what I hear, specially country. There are a few artist that are standing out with good material but a lot of it sounds very bubblegum to me and a lot of it sounds the same as well as it is hard to tell one artist from another. I know there is great radio stations out there throughout the world that play great music and the need to be found.

The question is if you don't like radio today who do you blame, is it Nashville ( the record labels) for sending out the artists and songs to radio. Do they take the time to find artists that have longevity. Instead of one hit wonders that look good on TV, cause we all know that we listen with our eyes, that is until we see some of these acts live and then.... Or do you blame Radio for playing it and for caving into the consultants in New York telling us that this is what we want to hear. Maybe it is the listener who doesn't like it but does nothing about it, like turning it off or letting the station know or contacting the advertisers saying we are not listening to that station anymore because of the quality of music.

I remember talking to one Music director about songs and artists and we were talking about one artist in general. He had just added this person's song that was not very good at all and he admitted it as well and I asked him why and he said it was because he was a popular artist.... NO NO NO if the song sucks you don't play it. How many other stations do this?

I really believe that there is a lot of great music out there that is not making it to the masses and a lot of crap that is. What is it that can be done to turn it around or can it be? Maybe its just me and I am getting old and just want substance in my music. I would love know what most of all fans think as well as industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment